Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2nd Amendment Exercises


In honor of our new president and all the freedoms he represents (or NOT) the first thing we did when Daddy got home from his last trip offshore was to go shooting!
Even little sweetie pie had fun shooting the .22.


It's great here in Louisiana. Not too many laws, and as long as you are outside the city limits you can pretty much just find some open space and shoot!
We happened to know some people that let us shoot in their backyard.

Dad, with the ultimate hunting rifle! Darn good marksman I might add.

Little Man has been shooting since he was 5 1/2 yrs. He owns two guns now and is a very good shot. Gun safety is always a big deal and is reviewed all the time. I remember taking Gun Safety classes in 6th grade in Utah. Seems so uncommon in so many places now.
He just look like a little Louisiana boy!

The bumper stickers around here read..."Kids that hunt and fish don't steal and deal!"
I believe it. And they all say "Yes, Ma'am" to their Mama, no matter what their age is!


Hunting is a huge thing here in Louisiana. Most people have deer meat in their freezer and REALLY know how to cook it. Cajun style of course. It's so good for you and so much better than beef. Can't wait to get some good recipes.
My neighbor is going to bring me a roast or two for my little apt. freezer.
Happy Hunting!

11 comments:

Scarlet said...

Wow, Bin! I can't believe the little man can fire away like that. I think I'd be a nervous wreck if my son had a real gun in his hands...but then we haven't had the "gun safety" talk yet.

I love the quote, btw, and the pics are fantastic!

Harmony said...

I think a big gun like Danny's would drop me right on my butt! I've never shot a gun before...unless a squirtgun counts, but somehow I don't think it does!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hello down in Louisiana! I have met MANY bloggy friends from LA...I'm so glad to meet another.

I am also glad there are other parents out there teaching their children how to exercise the 2nd amendment. And I love the quote you gave!

OH and I love venison! But, woe is me, I know not how to cook it cajun-style. I'm sorry to disapoint. But I can cook it Texas style (which is where I was born and raised). And that means I can chicken-fry the backstrap! :-) Yummy!

It was nice to meet you...thanks for stopping by to say hello.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Scarlet said...

Congrats...you're a winner!!...but you already knew that (before the drawing!).

Happy Thanksgiving, girl friend!

Hug the kiddies for me and say hello to Mr. D!

Nadine said...

Hi Bin. Thanks for stopping by today. I've heard all good things from Scarlet about you.

It's amazing that your children are learning how to hunt. I've been thinking about that more lately. Maybe it would be a good skill to have. Growing up in NY it was not something we did.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Greg C said...

Living in the country, we can shoot in our back yard and I do quite often. In fact I have my 22 siting by the front door now to chase away the hunting dogs. We have a problem here with dear hunters letting their dogs loose and then not retrieving them. Oh don't worry I am not shooting the dogs but when the hunters are across the street from our house and their dogs are in our back hard, treeing our cats and killing our chickens, a few 22 shots outside reminds them to take control of their dogs. #2 son is going to be exercising his rights soon but he doesn't know it yet so don't mention it on my blog. Can you say 20 Ga. :)

Janell said...

Way cool pics. My brother gave me a pistol just last week. I thought I'd better accept it gratefully before BO revokes the 2nd.

Marla said...

My husband was a hunter. I have many guns, including one he bought for me. I have never shot it. Before young folks hunt here they have to take a gun safety class. My oldest son took it when he went hunting.

j said...

Hi Bin! It is wonderful to 'meet' you. We are across the bay from Mobile - Daphne side. The school systems on this side are REALLY good so I would highly reccomend this area when you relocate. Fairhope, Daphne, and Spanish Fort all have very good schools.

Love Scarlet. She is a very cool bloggette!

Be blessed.

Jen

Oh! And I stay up late too :)

j said...

HA! I just noticed the homeschool mom part as I was leaving your blog. Well that is just like me to leave a comment about good schools to a homeschooler LOL! This is still a very nice area to settle down.

Jamie Dawn said...

Hunting is big here in Arkansas too, also, as well.

:-)

I like that saying you quoted.
I don't think Obama would dare try to take people's right to own guns away from them. If he did, there'd be an outcry that would rock the nation.
Obama is too liberal for me, but I think he's smart enough to know that if he governs to the far left, people like me will raise heck.
Your kids are learning how to safely use guns.
They'll be able to hunt for their food if they need to, and they'll be able to protect themselves and their families from danger.
Those photos are terrific!
You have a lovely family.